Associate Professor HUANG Dejian
B.S., 1987, Fujian Teachers University, 1987; M.S., Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1990; Ph.D., Indiana University Bloomington, 1999; Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1999-2001.
Tel: (65)-6516-8821 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Highly cited researcher (in Agricultural Sciences) by Thomson Reuters, 2014, 2015.
- Transition metal complex-based fluorescent probes for ultrasensitive detection of small molecules of biological importance, such as H2S, NO, NO2, and 1O2.
- High throughput assay-guided isolation and characterizations of natural products with alpha-amylase inhibitory activity and anti-aging activity (using yeast as a model), induced phytoalexins from plant seeds.
- Chemistry of dietary organosulfur compounds with regard to their activity as a natural H2S donors in biology.
Ref: Liang, D., Wang, C., Tocmo, R., Wu, H., Deng, L. W., Huang, D.J. Hydrogen sulphide (H2S) releasing capacity of essential oils isolated from organosulphur rich fruits and vegetables. J. Funct. Foods 2015, 14, 634-640.
Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is a gaseous signaling molecule with multiple biological functions in human body. A fluorescent probe based method for H2S releasing capacity assay in cell lines was developed, and the H2S releasing capacities of 10 organosulfur rich foods (garlic, red onion, yellow onion, scallion, shallot, leek, spring onion, Chinese chives, durian, and stinky beans) were evaluated and ranked. Stinky beans (a vegetable from South East Asia) topped the ranking with incredible H2S releasing capacity, followed by garlic and yellow onion.
- FST2107 Food Analysis and Laboratory
- FST5204 Evidence-based Functional Foods
- Liang, D.; Wu, H. X.; Wong, M. W.; Huang, D. J. Diallyl Trisulfide is a Fast H2S Donor, but Diallyl Disulfide is a Slow One: the Reaction Pathways and Intermediates of Glutathione with Polysulfides. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 4196-4199.
- Yan, Y.; Krishnakumar, S.; Yu, H.; Ramishetti, S.; Deng L. W.; Wang, S. H.; Huang, L., Huang, D. J. Nickel (II) Dithiocarbamate Complexes Containing Sulforhodamine B as Fluorescent Probes for Selective Detection of Nitrogen Dioxide. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 5312-5315.
- Liu, T. T.; Song, L. X.; Wang, H. Y.; Huang, D. J. A High-Throughput Assay for Quantification of Starch Hydrolase Inhibition Based on Turbidity Measurement. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2011, 59, 9756-9762.
- Wang, S. H.; Han, M. Y.; Huang, D. J. Nitric Oxide Switches on the Photoluminescence of Molecularly Engineered Quantum Dots. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 11692-11694.
- Huang, D. J.; Ou, B. X.; Prior, R. L. The Chemistry behind Antioxidant Capacity Assays. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2005, 53, 1841-1856.