Associate Professor CHI Chunyan
Ph.D, Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research, Germany, 2004; Postdoctoral, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA, 2007.
Tel: (65)-6516-5375 |
Email: email@example.com | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- International Advisory Board Member, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2017-present
- Distinguished Lectureship Award from Chemical Society of Japan, 2017
- Department Young Chemist Award, Department of Chemistry, NUS, 2016
- Asian Core Program Lectureship Award from Japan, China and Taiwan, 2013 & 2014
We are interested in the development of novel pi-structures and synthesis of high performance conjugated materials for organic electronics and sensors.
Ref. : Wang, Q.; Gopalakrishna, T. Y.; Phan, H.; Herng, T. S.; Dong, S.; Ding, J.; Chi, C.* Cyclopenta Ring Fused Bisanthene and Its Charged Species with Open-Shell Singlet Diradical Character and Global Aromaticity/Anti-Aromaticity. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 55, 11415-11419.
Cyclopenta ring fused bisanthene and its charged species were synthesized. The neutral compound has open-shell singlet ground state and displays global anti-aromaticity. The dication also exhibits singlet diradical character but has a unique annulenewithin-annulene global aromatic structure. The dianion is closed shell singlet in ground state and shows global aromaticity with 22 π electrons delocalized along the periphery. Our research gave new insight into the design and properties of global aromatic/anti-aromatic systems based on π-conjugated polycyclic hydrocarbons.
- CM3252 Polymer Chemistry 1
- CM4258 Advanced Polymer Science
- CM5268 Advanced Organic Materials
- Wang, Q.; Gopalakrishna, T. Y.; Phan, H.; Herng, T. S.; Dong, S.; Ding, J.; Chi, C. Cyclopenta Ring Fused Bisanthene and Its Charged Species with Open-Shell Singlet Diradical Character and Global Aromaticity/ Anti-Aromaticity. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 55, 11415-11419.
- Dong, S.; Herng, T. S.; Gopalakrishna, T. Y.; Phan, H.; Lim, Z. L.; Hu, P.; Webster, R. D.; Ding, J.; Chi, C. Extended Bis(benzothia)quinodimethanes and Their Dications: From Singlet Diradicaloids to Isoelectronic Structures of Long Acenes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 9316-9320. [Hot Paper]
- Dai, G.; Chang, J.; Luo, J.; Dong, S.; Aratani, N.; Zheng, B.; Huang, K.-W.; Yamada, H.; Chi, C. Z-Shaped Pentaleno- Acene Dimers with High Stability and Low Band Gap. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 2693-2696. [Highlighted in SYNFACTS 2016, 12, 0360].
- Yang, X. Shi, X.; Aratani, N.; Gonçalves, T. P.; Huang, k.-W.; Yamada, H.; Chi, C.; Miao, Q. Benzo[4,5]cyclohepta[1,2-b]fluorene: an isomeric motif for pentacene containing linearly fused five-, six- and seven-membered rings. Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 6176-6181. [Highlighted in SYNFACTS 2016, 12, 0916]
- Shi, X.; Kueh, W.; Zheng, B.; Huang, K.W.; Chi, C. Dipolar Quinoidal Acene Analogues as Stable Isoelectronic Structures of Pentacene and Nonacene. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 14412-14416. [Highlighted in SYNFACTS 2016, 12, 0034]
- Ye, Q.; Chi, C. Recent Highlights and Perspectives on Acene Based Molecules and Materials. Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 4046-4056. [Invited Perspective]